Streusel Topped Mince Pies
- 45 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 8oz Plain Flour, sifted
- a pinch of salt
- 4oz Butter
- 1oz Caster Sugar
- 1 egg yolk plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1oz Butter
- 2oz Chopped Nuts
- Rub butter into flour with salt. Add sugar.
- Mix together egg and water; use to make a dough. Knead lightly, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out thinly and use to line tartlet tins.
- Topping: Rub butter into flour, add sugar and nuts to make a crumble.
- Place a teaspoon full of mincemeat in pastry cases and cover this with a teaspoon full of the streusel mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200C, Gas6, 400E for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire tray and decorate with a piece of cherry if desired.
We found that this recipe made approximately 24 pies and we used around 600g of mincemeat.