Pork and cranberry curry
A nice dish to have during Christmas week.
- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- 1.5lbs Pork Fillet (or chicken or turkey)
- 1oz Butter
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 6oz Chopped Onion
- ½ Pepper, chopped
- 1 crushed clove of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 4 level teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Juice of 1 lemon (small)
- 8oz Cranberry Sauce
- ½ pint Water
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- Slice fillet into quarter inch rounds. Heat butter and oil in a wide pan and saute meat until beginning to brown. Drain and transfer to casserole.
- Add chopped onion and pepper to pan and saute until softened.
- Take pan off heat and add garlic, flour and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute. Add water, tomato puree and lemon juice.
- Return to heat and bring to boil, stirring. Add cranberry sauce, cloves, bay leaf and sliced mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes. Pour over pork in casserole.
- Cook covered for about 1 hour at gas 3, 150C/325E or until pork is tender. Stir in yoghurt before serving.
- Serve with rice or jacket potatoes.