Editors note: When we were typing this one up we were quite surprised by the lack of coconut or almonds in the recipe - a quick search on wikipedia revealed that this is in fact just a UK thing and that these ingredients are not a requirement for a chicken korma! This recipe is therefore much closer to the way it would have been made on the Indian subcontinent.
- 15 minutes
- 1 hour 5 minutes
- 4-6 people
- 4-6 chicken pieces (editors note: probably thighs or drumsticks)
- seasoned flour
- 1oz butter
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions, very finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, very finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 4oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 good tablespoons natural yoghurt
- skin chicken if necessary and toss in seasoned flour.
- in large pan, heat butter and oil. Saute chicken until brown and remove to casserole.
- In same pan, saute onions, garlic and pepper for 5 minutes and stir in curry powder. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add tomatoes, bring to boil and pour over chicken. Cover and cook at gas 6/400F/200C for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to serving dish. Add salt and yoghurt to sauce and spoon over chicken.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with rice.