- 2-4 cloves Garlic
- 2 inch Pieces of Ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 - 1 ½ teaspoons Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Mild Curry Paste
- 1 ½lb skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Green Chillies, seeded and cut finely
- ½ Red Pepper seeded and cut into fine pieces
- ½ Green Pepper seeded and cut into fine pieces
- 8oz halved Cherry Tomatoes
- Small Onion, chopped
- 6fl oz Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Garam Masala
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves (optional)
- Heat ghee in wok for a few minutes until hot.
- Stirfry the cumin seeds for a few seconds.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in turmeric and 2 tablespoons water & when sizzling add the curry paste, stir well.
- Add chopped chicken to wok & stir continuously making sure each piece of chicken is coated yellow & is sizzling.
- Add chillies, peppers, tomatoes & onion to pan & stir fry 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk & any extra liquid to coat the chicken and make a sauce
- Stir in garam masala & coriander leaves, season to taste and stir fry 5-10 minutes. Check chicken to see if cooked, serve with rice.
Editors comment: definitely take note of the recommendation to 'season to taste' - we added a bit of salt and some extra chilli powder and curry powder to pep it up a bit. You can add extra water if its getting too dry (if you used a receptacle for the coconut milk, stick the additional water in there without washing it to soak up any residual milk). Chapati and naan also awesome!