- 8oz Long Grain Rice
- 1 pint Chicken Stock or water and orange juice
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 diced Red Pepper
- salt and pepper
- 12oz chopped cooked Chicken
- 4oz cooked Peas
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 8oz cooked prawns
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tin Mandarins, drained
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Mix the turmeric with the stock, add the rice and stir with a fork.
- Bring to the boil, stir, lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pepper, onion and seasoning and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes or until all the stock has been absorbed. Stir in th epeas and leave to go cold.
- Add mandarins, prawns and chicken.
- Mix together lemon juice and oil and stir into rice mixture. Turn into a bowl and garnish with chopped parsley and large prawns.