These are a great standby in the freezer. When unexpected guests call, just take a few out and warm them in the oven. Instead of tuna, try crab meat or salmon.
- 45 minutes
- 15-20 minutes
- 3oz Hard Margarine
- 6oz Plain Flour
- About 6 teaspoons water to mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8oz Packet Cream Cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 7.5oz Can Tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ tablespoon Horseradish Cream (not sauce)
- 2oz flaked Almonds, toasted
- Make up shortcrust pastry. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Beat together cream cheese and milk then add tuna, onion, horseradish cream, lemon juice and seasoning. This can be done in a food processor.
- Roll pastry out thinly and use to line lightly greased tartlet tins.
- Spoon mixture between tarts and smooth tops. Sprinkle on one or two toasted almonds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes at Gas6, 400E, 200C or until lightly golden. When cool, remove to a wire tray.
Can be frozen for about 3 months. They can be served warm or cold but after freezing they are better crisped up in the oven for 10 minutes at the above temperature.