Tuna Croûte Slices
A nice alternative to sandwiches.
- 15 minutes
- 2 x 7oz cans tuna fish, drained
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 3 tbsp Heinz vegetable spread (butter)
- 1 long french stick
- salt + pepper
- Mix together tuna, onions, vegetable spread and seasoning.
- Cut crusty ends off loaf then cut remainder into four pieces.
- Using long knife, poke out soft bread. Use this to make breadcrumbs to freeze for further use.
- Butter inside the bread shells.
- Fill centres with the tuna mixture and press well in. Wrap each piece in tin foil and chill.
- When required, cut into thin slices.