This is a beautiful soup which can be served hot (or on warm days) very cold. Place soup bowls in fridge for a while before serving to ensure both are VERY cold.
- 20 minutes
- 3 oz. Butter
- 1 ½ lbs Peas (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 Lettuce Washed & Shredded
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ¾ Pints Chicken Stock
- ¼ Pint Single Cream
- Chopped Parsley or Mint
- Melt butter in large pan, add peas, lettuce, spring onions, salt, pepper, sugar and stir
- Cover and cook gently for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add stock and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and either blend of sieve soup and return to rinsed pan. Check seasoning to taste and swirl in the cream. Garnish with either chopped parsley or mint.
To freeze, after sieving the soup, season and put into suitable containers and freeze. Remove when required, defrost, add cream and reheat.