- 30 minutes
- 6 Trifle Sponges
- 6 Tablespoons of Fresh Orange Juice
- 6 Tablespoons Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Brandy
- 9oz Mascarpone Cheese
- 1oz Icing Sugar
- ½ pint Single Cream
- 1lb Fresh Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 3oz bar Dark Chocolate, grated
- Split the sponges and arrange one third over the base of a deep 1 1/2 pint glass serving dish. Pour over 2 tablespoons of the orange juice.
- Mix marscarpone and icing sugar in a bowl and gradually stir in the cream.
- Reserve a few strawberries and chop the rest. Spread half of the chopped strawberries over the sponges and top with one third of the marscarpone mixture and then one third of the chocolate.
- Repeat with a second layer of sponge, half the remaining orange juice and half the liquer, remaining chopped strawberries and another third of the marscarpone and chocolate. Cover with the remaining sponges and orange juice and liquer.
- Spread with the remaining marscarpone and decorate with the reserved strawberries cut in half. Melt the remaining chocolate in a bowl over hot water and spoon or pipe lines over the strawberries. Chill until ready to serve.
Best made day before, do not freeze.