- 1lb hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp kirsch or grand marnier
- 16oz can pineapple pieces
- ¾ pt double cream
- 1oz caster sugar
- 1 stiffly beaten egg white
- Put strawberries in to a bowl with one tablespoon of caster sugar and liqueur and leave for two hours.
- Drain pineapple, and puree.
- Whip cream with 1oz caster sugar until thick. Fold in whipped egg white and then pureed pineapple.
- Turn pineapple cream into serving dish and chill.
- When ready to serve, spread strawberries on top of pineapple cream.