St Clements Trifle
This is an old-time favourite and always the first sweet to dissapear.
- 20 minutes
- 6 Trifle Sponges
- Lemon Curd or Marmalade
- 11oz Can Mandarin Oranges
- 6oz Can Condensed Milk
- ¼ pint Double Cream, slightly whipped
- Juice and rind of two Lemons
- 1 Kiwi fruit
- Extra Cream to decorate (optional)
- Cut sponges in half and spread with lemon curd or marmalade.
- Cut up and place in bottom of dish.
- Drain mandarins and use enough juice to soak sponges. Reserve a few segments to decorate and place rest over sponges.
- Mix together slightly mixed cream, condensed milk, rind and juice of lemons and whip well. Pour mixture over sponges and leave to chill well.
- Decorate with reserved mandarins and sliced kiwi. Extra cream can be used to decorate if wished.
This dish will freeze.