Spiced Pear Chutney
This is our favourite chutney and can be made any time of the year.
- 4lbs Ripe Pears, peeled and chopped
- 1lb Onions
- 8oz Chopped Dates
- Juice and Finely Chopped Rind of 2 Oranges
- 4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 2 inch Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Toasted Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ pints White Vinegar
- 2lbs Light Brown Sugar
- Chop up all fruits and vegetables and place in a large pan with rest of ingredients EXCEPT sugar and salt.
- Bring to boil, simmer until soft and pulpy. Stir in salt and sugar and cook until thick.
- Pour into warmed jars and cover when cold.
Store in a darkened cupboard.