Special Carrot and Orange Soup
- 10 minutes
- 55 minutes
- 6oz onions, finely chopped
- 1 ½lbs carrots, peeled and diced
- 1oz butter
- 1 ¾pts chicken stock or 2 chicken stock cubes
- ¼ pt orange juice
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur
- ¼pt double or whipping cream
- Put onions and carrots into a large pan with the butter. Cover with a piece of buttered greaseproof paper and tuck well down so the vegetables are covered. Cover and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove paper, add the stock and orange juice and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Liquidise until smooth and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in liqueur and swirl in cream before serving.
Can be made the day before, cooled and then warmed through.
If freezing, do so befoore liqueur and cream are added.