Solway Fish Pie
I always made this dish on Good Friday. Goes back to the day when fish was always served on a Friday, especially Good Friday.
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 6oz Fresh Salmon
- 2oz Prawns or Solway Shrimps.
- ¼ Pint Milk
- 2 ½ floz White Wine or Water
- 2oz Frozen Peas
- ¾ oz Butter
- ¾ oz Flour
- 2oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ½ lb Potatoes, cooked and mashed with milk and butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon and Parseley to garnish
- Skin fish, cut up and place in a pan with milk and wine. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain fish and reserve liquid.
- Flake fish, removing any bones, and place in an oven-proof dish. Add peas and prawns.
- Melt butter, add flour and cook for a minute. Add liquid to make a sauce. Season and add cheese, pour over fish.
- Either pipe potato or spread potato over fish. Bake in a hot oven, Gas7-425F-220C until potatoes are golden. Garnish with lemon and parseley.