- 1 ½ - 2lbs Braising Steak, cut into cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Worcester Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2oz Plain Flour
- Ground Black Pepper
- 15 floz Beef Stock
- 5 floz Soured Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Bottled Horseradish Cream
- Parsley to garnish
- Trim meat. Heat oil and brown meat on all sides. Add onions and turn in the oil.
- Add spices and flour and mix well.
- Stir in stock a little at a timeand bring to boil. Season and add sugar and worcester sauce. Transfer to casserole, cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours ad Gas Mark 3, 160C, 325F or until beef is tender. Before serving, mix together soured cream and horseradish cream and stir into casserole. Sprinkle parsley over before serving.
Can be frozen, but do not add cream mixture until reheating.