Seville Glazed Chicken
Filling and hearty dish, great with white wine.
- 1hour 15 minutes
- 6-8 pieces chicken breast, cubed
- 2oz Butter
- 1 medium onion
- 6oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons Plain Flour
- ¾ pint chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Sprinkle salt over chicken and cook in batches in butter until colour changes. Place in casserole.
- Add onion to butter in pan and cook until soft. Add mushrooms and cook a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add stock. Return to heat, add marmalade and bring to boil. Pour over chicken and cook about 1 hour until tender, gas mark 5, 350F, 175C.
Serve with lemon rice. Be sure to taste when cooked if adjusting portions - add more marmalade if you're losing the orange flavour or more curry powder to pep it up a notch. We added Coriander to garnish.