Scottish Carrot Soup
- 10 minutes
- 40-50 minutes
- 2oz Butter
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1lb chopped Carrots
- 8oz Potatoes
- 1 ½ pt Stock
- 1pt Milk
- 3oz Scottish Cheddar, grated
- juice of 1 large Orange
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt butter, add onions and saute gently until tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes and rosemary & saute 5 minutes.
- Add stock and season, bring to boil.
- Add milk and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes until carrot is tender.
- Liquidise and sieve. Add orange juice.
- Reheat, stir in grated cheese and heat until melted.
Serve with a sprinkling of parsley. This soup will freeze.