Savoury Xmas Loaf
- 1.5 hours
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 4 tbs Double Cream
- 1 tbs Chopped Parsley
- 1 large pinch dried Tarragon
- 1 large pinch ground Mace
- 1lb Pork Sausage Meat
- 4 Thin cut slices of Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 3 Egg Whites
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix in a large bowl or use a food mixer
- Whisk the egg yolks then stir in the cream
- Add the parsley, tarragon and mace. Next add the sausage meat, the chopped bacon and the chopped onion. Stir in the breadcrumbs then season.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold these into the mixture.
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with foil and then put in the mixture. Cover with foil and bake in a pre-heated oven 150C, 300F or Gas 2 for 1 hour to 1.5 hours until cooked. It is cooked when a skewer is inserted into the loaf and the juices are clear.
The loaf may be served hot or cold and can easily be frozen.