Santa's Spicy Vegetable Rolls
- 30 minutes
- 12-15 minutes
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 3oz melted butter
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small Cox's apple, peeled and diced
- 2oz frozen peas
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- 1 dessert spoon mango chutney
- ½ pint chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Place all vegetables except peas in a pan with stock and curry paste, cook until soft.
- Add peas and cook until all the liquid is gone. Season, cool and mash the vegetables together lightly.
- Take a sheet of filo from the pack, covering the rest with a tea towel to prevent drying out. Work with one sheet at a time.
- Brush sheet with melted butter and cut in half lengthways.
- Place spoonful of mixture near bottom edge and fold over like a ham from all three sides. Brush with butter and roll up. Place on a lightly oiled tray. Seam underneath, brush with butter and bake for 12-15 minutes at 375E, Gas 5, 175C.
Serve hot or cold.