Santa's Iceland Christmas pudding
- 25 minutes
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 3oz Caster Sugar
- 3oz Softened unsalted butter
- 2oz Chopped Walnuts
- 1oz Glace Pineapple, chopped
- 2oz Glace Cherries, chopped
- 2oz Crystallised Ginger, chopped
- 1 oz Angelica, chopped
- Grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 8 Trifle Sponges
- 1 pkt Gelatine (½ oz)
- ½ pint Whipped Double Cream
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in fruit and nuts and grated rinds of fruit. Slice sponges into three then put 3 to 4 slices in the bottom of a 2 pint pudding basin.
- Cover with a layer of cheese, cream mixture and continue layering sponge and cream mixture, ending in sponge.
- Make up orange and lemon juice to 3/4 pint with water. Dissolve gelatine in 3 tablespoons of this. Add cooled gelatine to rest of fruit juice and strain over pudding. Make sure juice reaches bottom of pudding by easing sponges from sides of basin.
- Chill until set, then cover with cream when turned out.
Decorate with holly sprigs.