- 30-35 minutes
- 15-20 minutes
- 3oz Hard Margarine
- 6oz Plain Flour
- 6tsp water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 8oz packet Cream Cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 7.5oz can Salmon, drained
- 2tbsp finely chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tbsp Horseradish cream (not sauce)
- 2oz Flaked Almonds, toasted
- Make up shortcrust pastry, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Beat together cream cheese and milk then add salmon, onion, horseradish cream, lemon juice and seasoning (this can be done in a food processor)
- Roll pastry out thinly and use to line lightly greased tablet tins.
- Spoon mixture between tarts and smooth tops. Sprinkle on one or two toasted almonds.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at gas 6, 400F, 200C or until lightly golden. When cool, remove to a wire tray.
Can be frozen for about 3 months. They can be served warm or cold but after freezing they are better crisped up in the oven for about 10 minutes at above temperature.