A lovely way to start a dinner party. Smoked salmon is quite cheap now! (sic)
- 20 minutes
- 10oz Thinly Sliced Smoked Salmon
- 9oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Rind
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Snipped Chives
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 7 fl oz Greek Natural Yoghurt
- 4oz Prawns
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Gelatine
- Unpeeled Prawns, Lemon Wedges & Fresh Herbs to Garnish
- Rinse a 1 1/2 pint ring mould into cold water and leave damp.
- Use the salmon to line the mould, leaving the slice to hang over the edge with sufficient to fold over the filling. Trim excess and reserve.
- Cream the cheese until soft and beat in rind, chives and seasoning. Add any surplus salmon chopped up. Add yoghurt.
- Squeeze any excess water from prawns, chop up roughly and add.
- Dissolve gelatine in lemon juice, cool and then add to mixture. Use to fill the lined mould. Fold over the salmon to cover the mould, then chill in fridge for at least three hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, dip base of mould quickly into hot water, invert onto a serving dish, tap lightly and remove the mould. Fill centre with lemon, whole prawns and herbs or salad.
Serve with thin slice of brown bread and butter.