These little savouries freeze well and are nice to serve with drinks. With thanks to Karen M for the photo.
- 1 hour
- 15-20 minutes
- 6oz Plain Flour
- Large pinch of salt, pepper and Cayenne Pepper
- 4oz Butter, diced
- 4oz Finely Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Egg yolk + 1 tablespoon cold water
- 7.5oz can medium red Salmon, drained
- 1oz Softened Butter
- 1oz Soft Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
- Make pastry gently, taking care not to handle it too much. A food processor is great. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Pound salmon, butter and cream cheese well together until a soft paste is formed. Add seasoning and parsley.
- Pre-heat oven to gas 5, 375E, 190C.
- Divide pastry in two, roll out each piece into a 14" by 5" rectangle. Divide Salmon mixture in half and spread one half on to a pastry rectangle. Roll up tightly into a 14" roll. Repeat with the other pastry rectangle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into half-inch slices and lay each slice flat on a baking sheet. Press down slightly, and then bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
To serve, warm slightly for about 5 minutes at the above temperature. Will freeze.