Rhubarb and Strawberry Crumble
- 10 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 12oz Rhubarb
- 250g Punnet of Strawberries
- 3oz Sugar
- Grated rind and juice of 1 Orange
- 8oz Flour
- 4oz Butter
- 2oz Demerara Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Spice
- Preheat oven to Gas5, 180C, 350F
- Wash and hull strawberries and cut in half if large. Wash and trim rhubarb and cut into small pieces.
- Place in a 2 pint baking dish, sprinkle with sugar and orange and level top.
- Either make crumble in a processer or by hand by rubbing butter into flour, adding sugar, spice and salt.
- Spread over rhubarb mixture and smooth top with a knife. (dont press down).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and juice oozing slightly from the sides.