Rhubarb and Orange Cream
- 20 minutes
- 1lb young Rhubarb
- 2oz Sugar
- ½pint Water + 2tbsp Water
- 2 packets orange or tangerine jelly
- Small can of Evaporated Milk
- ¼ pint Single Cream to decorate and one or two orange segments
- Trim rhubarb and wipe clean, cut into smallpieces and place in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water and the sugar and cook until softened.
- Puree or beat well and add one of the jellies. Let it dissolve and then pour into a wetted 2 pint jelly mould.
- Dissolve the other jelly in the remaining 1/2 pint water and leave to go cold. Add the evaporated milk.
- When the rhubarb mixture is completely set pour on the orange cream and leave to set.
- Turn out of the jelly mould and if desired decorate with some double cream and a few orange segments.