Rhubarb and Ginger Delight
This is one of the recipes that Sheila indicated how much the ingredients would cost (roughly). At the time this recipe was written, the ingredients would cost you a total of £1.82.
You wouldn't get them for that today!
- 1 hour
- 1lb prepared Rhubarb
- 4oz Sugar
- ¼ pt Water
- 4 tbsp Ginger Marmalade
- pkt Gelatine and 3tbsp Water
- 1 egg white
- ¼ pt Double Cream
- ¼ Double cream + 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Ginger Marmalade
- Cut rhubarb into pieces and put into a large pan with water, sugar and 4 tablespoons of ginger marmalade.
- Cook until soft and either sieve or liquidise.
- Dissolve gelatine in water and add to hot rhubarb. Leave until on point of setting.
- Slightly whip cream and fold in, then stiffly whip egg white and fold in. Pour into glasses and leave to set.
- Whip cream and milk together until slightly thick and then whip in another tablespoon of ginger marmalade. Pipe on top of the set jellies.
Serve with Langues de chat biscuits.