Prince William Salad
- 15 minutes
- 5-6 people
- ½ William Pear per person
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 2tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Whipped Double Cream
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- Assorted Lettuce Leaves
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- Beat sugar and egg together until thick and creamy.
- Beat in vinegar and then place basin over a pan of hot water (make sure bottom of basin does not touch the water).
- Stir sauce until it thickens, remove and cool.
- Add lightly whipped cream and then cover basin with cling film and chill.
- Peel and core pears and cut in half. Place on serving dish cut-side down.
- Spread cold sauce over pears and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Garnish with lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with brown bread and butter.