- 2 eggs, seperated
- 3oz castor sugar
- ½ oz gelatine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ¼pt double cream
- 16oz can of pineapple slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼pt double cream to decorate
- Beat yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Soak gelatine and dissolve (editors note: we think this says soak, but as written it looks like "soake" so we might have misread!)
- Whip cream until thick
- Beat egg whites until stiff
- Add pineapple juice and lemon juice to egg and sugar mixture & cooked gelatine
- Chop pineapple & reserve one or two pieces. Add rest to mixture.
- Fold in whipped cream and egg whites & turn into glasses. Leave to set.
- Decorate with a swirl of cream & a piece of pineapple
Freezer note: Open freeze then cover with foil. Use within two months. Thaw overnight or at room temperature for about 1 hour.