Pineapple Christmas Cake
A nice alternative to the traditional Christmas cake.
- 20 mins
- 2 hours
- 7oz Self-Raising Flour
- 13 ½ oz can of Pineapple pieces, drained and chopped
- 5oz Butter
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 4oz Caster Sugar
- 12oz Mixed Dried Fruit
- 4oz Glace Cherries, chopped
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts and red and green cherries to decorate (can be iced instead of fruit and nuts).
- Grease and line a 7" cake tin.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and flour gradually, mixing well between each addition.
- Fold in fruit and cherries and well-drained chopped pineapple. Add brandy and mix well.
- Turn into cake tin and level top.
- Arrange nuts and assorted cherries in a decorative pattern on top of cake. Bake on the bottom shelf in a pre-heated oven 300F, 150C, Gas Mark 3 for one hour. Reduce oven to 275F, 125C, Gas Mark 2 for a further hour.
- Check with a skewer in centre of cake to see if it is cooked. If not, cook for a little extra time. Cover with greaseproof if getting too brown.
- Cool and store.
Omit fruit and nuts off top of cake and ice it if wished.