A good dish for a hot buffet
- 15 minutes
- 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 ½ to 2lbs Lean Braising Steak, Cubed
- 2oz Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 4 Sticks Celery, Chopped
- 1 x 14oz Can Pineapple pieces in natural juice
- 2 Level Tablespoons Cornflour
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- ½ Pint Beef Stock
- 2 Level Teaspoons Salt
- Black Pepper
- Heat oil and butter in pan and brown the well dried meat in batches to seal. Turn into casserole.
- Add onion and celery to juices in pan and cook until soft.
- Drain juice from pineapple and add water to make 1/2 pint. Add to pan with stock and seasoning. Pour over meat. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar and tomato puree. Cover and cook for about 2 hours at gas2, 300F, 150C.
- Dissolve the cornflour with a little water and add to casserole with chopped pineapple. Cover and cook a further 30 minutes.