- 4 or 6 Peach Halves (fresh or tinned)
- ¼ Pint Double Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Port Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Apricot Jam
- Lettuce Leaves
- Put apricot Jam, Curry Powder and port wine in a small pan and heat until jam has melted. Push through a sieve and leave to go cold.
- Whip the cream until thick, add mayonnaise and then the cold jam/curry mixture and fold well together.
- Place lettuce leaves on small plates and place a peach half cut side down on each leaf.
- Spoon over the dressing and chill.
Serve with buttered brown bread. Try scattering some chopped walnuts over the top!