Mango & Chicken Salad
A very tropical dish for a summer buffet.
- 4 cooked Chicken breasts (preferably roasted)
- 2 Large Mangoes, Peeled, halved and stoned.
- 2oz Roasted Cashew Nuts
- ½ Head Iceburg Lettuce, Shredded
- 4fl oz Coconut Milk
- ½ Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Fish Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Spring Onions, Finely Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Mint
- 2 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Lemon Grass
- First make the dressing. Put the ingredients (coconut milk, coriander, fish sauce, salt, pepper, soft brown sugar, spring onions, mint and lemon grass) in a small pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the chicken and mango flesh into cubes and place in a large bowl with the nuts. Toss to mix.
- Place the shredded lettuce on a large plate and top with the chicken mixture. Before serving, stir the dressing and pour over the salad.
You can use paw-paws or one of each, instead of all mangoes.