Log Cabin Casserole
I love lamb and the flavour of this is lovely
- 2lb Lean Cubed Lamb (Neck Fillet is good)
- 1 Large Chopped Onion
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 8oz Chopped Carrots
- 4oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 x 8oz Can Tomatoes
- 6oz Dried Apricots, Chopped
- ¾ Pint Dry Cider
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- Salt and Pepper
- 1oz Plain Flour
- 4 Bay Leaves
- Soak apricots in cider overnight
- Heat oil in large pan, add onion, garlic and lamb and cook until lamb changes colour
- Add carrots and cook for 5 mins.
- Add flour and cook a minute scraping up sediment in pan.
- Slowly add liquor from apricots, tomatoes and puree and stir well. Add apricots and mushrooms and bring to simmer point. Add lemon juice and bay leaves and turn into a casserole. Cover and cook for 1 hour 40 minutes at Gas 4, 175°C, 350°F. Stir halfway through cooking time. Remove bay leaves before serving.