Lemon Crumbly Bars
- 20 mins
- 30-35 mins
- 14oz Can Condensed Milk
- Rind & Juice of a Lemon
- 5oz Butter
- 5oz Caster Sugar
- 6oz Plain Flour
- 4oz Porridge Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Beat together the condensed milk, rind and juice of the lemon until smooth.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Work in the flour, oats, baking powder and salt until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Press half the mixture into a greased and base lined 10" x 8" tray bake tin.
- Pour on the lemon filling and level out. Sprinkle on the rest of the crumbs and press down gently.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at Gas4, 180C, 350F until golden brown and firm. Cut into squares while warm, but do not remove until cold.
These bars can be frozen.