Lancashire Ginger Nuts
Makes about 50 biscuits.
- 30 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 12oz self raising flour
- 4oz demerara sugar
- 4oz soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 4oz butter or margarine
- 1 generous tablespoon golden syrup
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add beaten egg.
- Melt together butter and syrup and add to mixture. Mix all well together.
- Roll into small balls and place well apart on greased trays. Press down. Cook at Gas 3/ 325 elec / 160c until brown and set (around 20 minutes).
Can all be mixed in processor. A good cooking biscuit.