- 15-20 minutes
- 20-30 minutes
- 4oz Icing sugar
- 8oz Soft margarine or butter
- 6oz Self raising flour
- 6oz Plain flour
- Demerara Sugar to coat
- Rind of 1 lemon or 1 orange (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in mixer, food processor or by hand to make shortbread.
- Form into 2 rolls around 1.5" round.
- Roll in demerara sugar and put in fridge to chill.
- Slice biscuits into quarter inch thick rounds and place on greased trays.
- Bake for 20-30 mins (Gas 3, 170C, 320 Electric) until pale gold round edges and then cool before putting into tins.