Handwritten recipe from September 1987
- 4-6 Chicken Pieces
- ½ pint Chicken Stock
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Marmalade
- 1 can of crushed Pineapple
- ¼ teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Put chicken into casserole and spoon over lemon juice and brown sugar and leave to marinade for 2 hours.
- Fry pepper and onions, drain off liquid and add to rest of ingredients.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour over the chicken and cover.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes at gas mark 5 / 190° C / 375° F.
Can be served with rice border.