Editors note: I am not sure to which grandma this recipe title is referring!
- 20 minutes
- 12-15 minutes
- Makes about 45 biscuits
- 4oz Margarine
- 6oz Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 5oz Self Raising Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 4oz Rolled Oats
- 5oz Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Put fat, sugar and syrup in a heavy pan and melt while stirring
- Put flour, oats, coconut and bicarbonate in mixing bowl
- Pour on melted ingredients and stir well. Add beaten egg and mix to combine.
- Roll into small balls and place well apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake until set and browned (12-15 minutes, 350F/180C/Gas 4).
- Transfer quickly to cooling tray.