Gloucester Mince Pie
This is a good dish to have if economising before or after the big event. It is very tasty and a convenient meal to eat whilst sitting watching television.
- 1 1/2 hours
- 1 ½lbs cooked potatoes (to slice)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2oz frozen peas
- 1lb lean minced beef
- 2 tablespoons sweet chutney
- ½ pint beef stock
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4oz grated Double Gloucester cheese
- Heat oil in pan nd cook onion for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add carrot and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mince and cook, stirring until it changes colour. Stir in chutney and stock. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add purée.
- Blend the flour with the water and stir into the mince. Bring back to boil, stirring all the time and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and then add peas. Turn into a deep ovenproof dish and cover with sliced potatoes. Sprinkle on cheese. Cook for 30 minutes at gas 4 / 350 elec / 180c.