- 20 minutes
- Not specified
- 12oz Soft Margarine or Butter
- 6oz Caster Sugar
- 18oz Plain Flour
- 8oz Dried Apricots, chopped
- 8oz Stoned Dates
- 2 large Cooking Apples, peeled and cored
- Orange Juice
- Line a 9" by 12" cooking tin with parchment
- Mix all shortbread ingredients together - they will resemble breadcrumbs
- Put almost half the mixture into the bottom of the lined tin and pat flat.
- Place chopped dates, apricots and cooking apple into a saucepan and pour over sufficient orange juice to cover. Cook until mushy and leave to go cold.
- Spread cooled mixture over shortbread.
- Cover with remaining shortbread and pat down. Generously sprinkle top with caster sugar. Place in pre-heated oven 180C, 350F, Gas 4 until pale golden. Leave to cool then cut into slices.
Editors note: No cooking time was provided for this recipe. If you cook it and figure out a good guide, please let us know!