Fruity Rice Salad
- 8oz long grain rice
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 x 14oz can peaches, drained and chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 ½ fl. oz good cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 4oz onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put rice in a large pan. Add about 3 cups of cold water, bring to boil, stir, lower heat, cover with lid and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes. DONT STIR DURING THIS TIME. Drain rice and leave to go cold after rinsing.
- Add chopped peppers and peaches to rice and mix well.
- Put all dressing ingredients into a screw topped jar and shake well until dressing thickens and goes cloudy. Fold through the rice salad. Cover with cling film and leave to chill.
- Stir well before serving and then add nuts.
This salad will freeze. Thaw thoroughly before using and stir well to separate rice.