Devilled Chicken Drumsticks
These are much tastier than the ordinary roasted drumsticks. Have plenty of paper napkins around when serving as they are sticky to handle.
- 45 minutes
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks
- ¼pint good Cooking Oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcester Sauce
- 2 rounded tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 1 level tablespoon ready-made Mustard
- 1 level teaspoon Caster Sugar
- 1 level tablespoon Mild Curry Powder
- Salt, pepper and Paprika, a dash of each
- Make sure chicken is well defrosted if using frozen poultry. With a sharp knife, make 3 slashes on each drumstick until you feel the bone.
- Lay drumsticks in a single layer in ovenproof dish or dishes.
- Mix all other ingredients together and whisk until well blended. Pour the mixture over the drumsticks and leave overnight to marinade. Turn them occasionally to let marinade get through.
- Bake for 45 minutes at gas5, 375E, 190C, turning once. Remove to a wire tray covered in greaseproof paper and leave to go cold.
May be frozen if you wish, but I prefer to cook them the day before needed.