Danish apple pudding
Serve slightly warm with whipped cream. Nice cold the next day.
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 1lbs cooking apples, or any other fruit in season
- 2oz butter
- ¼lbs ground almond
- 6oz granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, seperated
- Beat sugar and butter together and then add ground almonds.
- Break up egg yolks and mix into mixture. Mix egg whites until stiff and then fold into mixture.
- Slightly cook apples and add a little sugar if required.
- Place at bottom of greased dish and spread over almond mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at regular 5, electric 375 until firm to touch and golden.