Cranberry, Port & Apple Jam
I make this every year, it sells very well and is absolutely delicious. Use it as a jam or serve with ham or turkey.
- 30 mins
- 2lbs Cranberries
- ½ pint Water
- 2lbs Sour Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4lbs Sugar with Pectin
- 6 tbsp Port
- Put cranberries and water in pan.
- Add the apples, cover and simmer for about 15 mins, until the fruit is soft.
- Remove from heat, add sugar and stir unti sugar is dissolved. Return to heat and boil for about 5 min. Test a little on a cold saucer and it is ready when the jam wrinkles when moved.
- Return from the heat and leave to cool for 10 mins, then stir in port.
- Pour into warmed jars and cover when cold.
Store in a cool, dark cupboard.