- 24 hours
- 6oz fresh brown breadcrumbs
- 7oz demerara sugar
- 12 level tbsp drinking chocolate
- 1 ½ level tbsp powdered coffee
- ½ pt single cream
- ¾ pt double cream
- 2-3 tbsp rum or brandy
- Grated chocolate to decorate
- Whisk together double and single cream with liquor of choice until it is thick but floppy (do not whisk after stiff or it will not work).
- Mix together all dry ingredients; best done in a processor if you have one.
- Using a glass trifle dish put one third of the cream in the bottom and cover with half the dry ingredients.
- Cover with another layer (one third) of cream, rest of the dry ingredients and finish with the final layer of cream. Make sure you leave enough cream to completely cover the top. Smooth over cream and leave to set for at least 24 hours.
- Decorate with grated chocolate.
A very 'adult pud'. Very rich so this quantity would serve about 8 people.