A tasty treat - great with a cup of coffee!
- 8oz Digestive Biscuits
- 2oz Chopped Mixed Nuts
- 2oz Chopped Cherries
- 8oz Plain Chocolate
- 2oz Sultanas
- 1oz Sugar
- 2oz Butter
- 1Tablespoon Instant Coffee (dissolved in 2 Tablespoons of Water)
- 2oz Butter (for topping)
- 4oz White Chocolate, melted (for topping)
- 4oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
- Cocoa Powder to dust
- Break the biscuits into small pieces, but do not crush. Place in a bowl with the sultanas, nuts, cherries and sugar. Mix well.
- Melt chocolate with butter over a pan of hot water.
- Stir the chocolate and coffee into the biscuit mixture.
- Press into a 9" x 12" tin. Chill in fridge.
- For the topping, beat butter until soft, gradually beat in icing sugar, then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Spread over base, sprinkle with cocoa powder, and chill until set.
We found that the topping needed just a small dash of whole milk to make it more spreadable.