Boxing Day Salad
This is a good salad to use up the fruit and nuts left over from Christmas.
- 2 red apples, chopped
- 2 green apples, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 6 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 4oz dates, chopped
- 4oz walnuts, chopped
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Squeeze lemon juice into a large bowl and add chopped apples. Mix well to prevent apples going brown.
- Add tangerines,dates and celery.
- Mix together mayonnaise, natural yoghurt and seasoning. Fold through the fruit mixture making sure all the fruit is coated.
- Cover with cling-film and chill until ready to serve.
- Add nuts to salad prior to serving as if they are added too soon they will soften.