Boodles Orange Fool
This is a speciality pudding from the Boodles Club in London, which was founded in 1763 - an easily made pudding but very refreshing.
- 3 hours 30 minutes
- 6 Sponge Cakes
- Grated Rind & Juice of Lemon
- Grated Rind & Juice of 2 Oranges
- 2-3oz Caster Sugar
- 1 Pint Double Cream
- A few Ratafias (optional)
- Crystallised Orange slices to garnish
- Cut sponge cakes into strips and use to line the base of a glass serving dish.
- Mix rind and juice of fuits with sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Whip half the cream until thick but not stiff and beat juice into cre4am slowly. Taste for sweetness. Spoon over sponge cakes and chill for at least three hours until juice has soaked into sponge and cream has set.
- Whip remaining cream until stiff and pipe on top of pudding to decorate. Garnish with ratafias and crystallised orance slices.
This will not freeze - make this dish the day before needed so the flavours can come out and the cream thicken.