- 30 minutes
- 1lb Blackcurrants
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 4oz Golden Granulated Sugar
- 1 level tablespoon Cornflour
- 3oz Butter
- 3oz Demerara Sugar
- 5oz Rolled Oats
- ½ pint slightly whipped Double Cream
- Grated Chocolate
- Sprig of Mint
- Cook the blackcurrants with the water and (golden granulated) sugar in a large saucepan until tender.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little water and add to the pan. Stir until thickened and leave to go cold.
- Melt the butter, add the demerara sugar and stir well. Add the rolled oats and mix well to coat. Cool.
- Spread half of the oat mixture into a glass serving dish. Spread the blackcurrants over the oat mixture then spread the remaining oat mixture on top of the blackcurrant mixture.
- Spread whipped cream over the oat mixture and chill. Scatter over grated chocolate and place a spring of mint in the centre.