Auld Alliance Soup
What better way to start off the millenium than with a bowl of this soup. (sic)
- 15 minutes
- 1lb of Chopped Carrots
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Sticks Chopped Celery
- 2 ozs. Bacon De-rinded and Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil
- 1 oz. Butter
- 1 ½ Pints Chicken Stock (2 Cubes)
- 1 Bouquet Garni
- 1 Pinch Mace
- 2 Tablespoons Drambuie
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- ¼ Pint Milk
- ¼ Pint Single Cream
- Chopped Parsley
- Melt butter and oil in large pan, add onion, bacon, celery and carrots. Sweat for about 10 minutes.
- Add stock, mace, garni and seasoning, simmer covered until carrots are soft, cool and liquidise.
- Return to pan and add milk, Drambuie and cream. Heat to taste but do not boil. Check for seasoning and serve with chopped parseley.
You will be able to freeze this soup.